The Biofilm Research Laboratory
• Bacterial biofilms
• Nanoparticles with anti-biofilm properties
• Bacterial virulence
• Bio-ethanol production
ד"ר אייל גולוב+972-3-5318072
Computational Systems Immunology
• immunology Systems biology
• Machine Learning
Mechanism and machinery of nucleolar gene silencing
• The use of nanoparticles for cytoplasmic and nuclear gene silencing
• Trans-splicing in trypanosomatids
• Protein translocation in trypanosomatids
• RNA modifications mediated by guide RNAs
• RNAi silencing in plants
• The use of nano particles as RNAi carriers into the nucleous
Ophthalmic Science and Engineering Lab
• Electro-cellular interfaces, optical and electronic micro-devices development
• Applied science for improving diagnosis, treatment and prevention of various ophthalmicdiseases.
• Artificial introduction of the visual information and its processing by the retina and the visual cortex.
• Electro-cellular interface with the autonomic system and application of high electrical field for solid tumor ablation (IRE - Irreversible Electroporation).
Nanotheranostics for Personalized Medicine
• Molecular CT imaging of cancer using targeted gold nanoparticles.
• Theranostic approaches for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases.
• Metabolic based imaging and therapy.
• Optical/chamical imaging of enzymatic activity.
• Nanoparticle-based strategies for targeted drug delivery.
• In-vivo cell tracking techniques.
Neuroengineering and Regeneration
• Neurobiological systems development: image processing and network analysis
• Tissue Engineering: Developing skin grafts that enable reinnervation and regeneration
• Developing devices for reagents delivery into live tissue at a microscopic resolution
• Neuroprosthetic devices: Neuron-Chip interface